In Years 11 and 12 pupils study at least 10 GCSE subjects, after which all suitably qualified pupils may enter the sixth form to study for AS level in an appropriate number of subjects. Pupils who study Further Mathematics complete 11 GCSE subjects.
The following subjects are available for study at GCSE level:
Art & Design, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Digital Technology, English, English Literature, Food and Nutrition, French, Further Mathematics, Geography, German, Health & Social Care (BTEC), History, Journalism, Learning for Life and Work, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education, Physics, Religious Studies, Spanish and Technology.
The following specifications are followed by pupils in Lurgan College:
- CCEA N.I. Council for the Curriculum Examinations & Assessment
General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
General Certificate of Education Advanced (GCE)
- AQA General Certificate of Education Advanced (GCE) in Law and Psychology
- OCR General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) in Computer Science
- Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in IT (Computing) and Engineering
- Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Health and Social Care
Pupils who obtain suitable GCSE passes will be promoted into the Year 13 in September. In Year 13 they will study four subjects to AS Level and then take three of these on to A2 level in Year 14. Over the course of both Years 13 and 14, pupils will undertake a programme of Enrichment Classes, Physical Education and Games.