Advice for Pupils:
At Lurgan College we want all pupils to be happy, to feel safe and to achieve their full academic, personal and social potential.
- If you have something important to talk to staff about
- If you are worried about something that is happening to you, or to someone you know
- If you need help, or if you need to know how to get help
- The teachers are here to listen and to help – they will try to do what they can
- If you are worried about telling things in confidence
- Tell the staff – they will understand. If they are concerned about your safety, they may need to share this with others, but they will always tell you first.
- The Designated Teacher for Child Protection is Dr N. McKee and the Deputy Designated Teacher is Mr G. Caldwell. However, you can speak to your House Teacher, Head of Year, any other member of staff or the school counsellor Latifa Lynch. They will be happy to talk to you and will help you to work out what to do next.
- If you are still unsure about talking to a member of staff, you can telephone
Lifeline on 0808 808 8000
ChildLine on 0800-1111